Footmed - Your first step to recovery
At footmed foot and ankle clinics our aim is diagnosis and a full understanding of your presenting complaint.
The foot is a complex structure of ligaments, tendons, muscle, joints and bone, nerves and a blood supply. In order for us to effectively treat injury or disease affecting these structures we need to know which one of them is the problem and to what degree they are damaged or injured.This may, but not always, require further investigations such as x-rays, ultrasound, CT, MRI and vascular and nerve studies.The foot is not only complex in structure but also in function. A biomechanical examination and gait analysis is often necessary to help determine structural and postural problems that may aggravate not only your feet but the ankles, knees and lower spine. At Footmed knowing what is wrong and finding a diagnosis is the first step to your recovery.
Once we understand your problem we can then apply our up to date knowledge and treatment options to find a cure and help you maintain a good quality of life. Some of the non operative or conservative treatment options available include:
1. Debridement of painful corns & callus
2. Debridement of thickened,deformed and ingrowing toenails
3. Prescription of medications to treat inflammation, infection and pain
4. Orthotics to treat structural and mechanical problems
5. Strapping and padding
6. Foot wear advice and recommendations with the Dr Comfort range of shoes available
7. Advice on safety work boots and return to work
8. Muscle strengthening and stretching exercise regimes
9. Cortisone and local anesthetic injections for heel spurs, plantar fascitis and joint pain
10. Joint mobilization and manipulation
11. Diabetic foot assessment and foot care
12. Chemical and surgical treatment of warts
Footmed also has a focus and a 25 year history of helping workers with work related foot injury. Footmed has patient interests in mind and believes that patient care should not be compromised by an early and premature return to work following injury.
At Footmed we understand you and your foot problem.So for you to enjoy the best care, we always give you the time you need for the best diagnosis and treatment.