Date of Birth: 13 November 1966
Marital Status: Married with 2 children
1979-1983 Blackfriars Priory School, Prospect, SA
1987 Diploma Applied Science (Podiatry) (South Australia Institute Technology)
1998 Graduate Diploma in Podiatry (University of South Australia)
2004 Master of Podiatry (Podiatric Surgery) (Curtin University)
2008 Completion of Australian College of Podiatric Surgeons (ACPS) training program and Fellowship award.
Additional surgical courses and workshops:
1991 Forefoot Mini Cadaver Residency. The The Podiatry Institute, Decatur, Georgia USA
2002 Advanced surgical and dissection workshop (Latrobe University and Podiatry Institute)
2004-current Basic & advanced life support
2006 Applied anatomy in podiatric forefoot surgery At The Department of Anatomy and Surgical Training Centre (University of New South Wales)
2006 International 12 week rotation as honorary Podiatric surgical registrar in the orthopedic unit Great Western Hospital, Swindon, UK
2010 Rearfoot Mini Cadaver Residency. The Podiatry Institute, Decatur Georgia USA
2003 – 2008 Honorary podiatric surgical registrar at the Repatriation General Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia.
2006-current Part time lecturer and Tutor in Podiatric Surgery at University of South Australia
2008-2010 Admitting & theatre privileges at Blackwood Private Hospital
2009-2010 Visiting podiatric surgeon Repatriation General Hospital
2010-current Admitting & theatre privileges at North Eastern Community Hospital
2011 – 2014 Theatre privileges at Glenelg Day Surgery
Current Membership/Fellowship/Board Positions:
- Fellow Australasian College of Podiatric Surgeons (ACPS)
- International Affiliate of American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Member of the Australian Podiatry Association
- Member of the Indigenous Allied Health Australia
- Director and Secretary of the ACPS
- Panel member of the South Australian Health Practitioners Tribunal
Previous appointments and other matters:
- Vice President Australian Podiatry Association (SA Chapter) 1996-2001
- Continuing Education Committee: Researching, introducing and monitoring mandatory continuing education to S.A. members 1996-2000
- Surgical mission to Philippines ACPS April 1997
- Podiatric experience in NHS Trust in London, UK.
- il – November 1999 Surgical mission with Podiatric surgeons to Danang, Vietnam November 2001
- Mentor for the South Australian Podiatry Association mentorship program 2009 – current
- Australasian Journal of Podiatric Medicine titled, ‘Sesamoid Pathology. The Arterial Model’ Vol 34.No1 p25-32: 2000
- Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (American) titled ‘Efficacy and Safety of Steroid Use for Post Operative Pain Relief. Update and Review of the Medical Literature’ Vol 88. 1361-1372: June, 2006.
- Australasian Journal of Podiatric Medicine titled ‘Isolated Subtalar Joint Fusion. A Case Presentation of Malposition’. Vol 41.No3 p47-52: 2007.
- Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association titled “Post operative infection following excisional toenail matrixectomy: A retrospective clinical audit” Vol 101 .No 4 p 316-22 :2011.